About the Commonwealth Games
In July 2022, Birmingham will host the XXII Commonwealth Games, the largest multi-sport event to be held in England in 10 years.
The Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games will be held in venues across Birmingham and the West Midlands from 28 July until 8 August 2022.
Athletes from 72 nations and territories will compete in 19 different sports at the Games.
Birmingham City Council along with our Games Partners are planning and delivering a fantastic celebration of sport and culture in an unforgettable summer in 2022.
Birmingham 2022 is a global event that will create a legacy for Birmingham and its citizens.
These are the Games for everyone.
- Birmingham and the West Midlands region will benefit from £778 million investment to stage the 2022 Commonwealth Games
- A procurement spend of £350m+ which will benefit businesses across the UK
- 35,000 games-time jobs and opportunities
- 13,000 volunteers
- Aiming to be the first carbon-neutral Commonwealth Games
- £6m funding for community projects from BCC
- £23.9m investment – Business and Tourism programme
- estimated global audience of 1.5 billion
- The Games will bring together 6,500 athletes and team officials
- Over 1 million tickets will be made available for spectators from across the region, the UK and around the world
Visit our organising partners' website to learn more about the Commonwealth Games.